CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Good Ride Cowboy!


Grandpa with his new little twins on July 24th, 2008


Grandpa & Trent fishing up the canyon in 2003

On Sunday, after our girls' blessing we found out that Grandpa had been taken to the hospital and that his health was rapidly declining. The doctors said there wasn't anything they could do and recommended hospice care. He was taken back to the care center that evening.

Our little family went to see him for the last time on Monday. As we left the care center, I felt sad knowing this would be the last time I would see him in this mortal life. I had some time to talk to him and tell him how much I thought of him. He talked back to me, called me by name, even though he was struggling, and in a great deal of pain. The last thing I said was, "See you later, Grandpa." He said the same thing back. He passed away later that evening. I had a dream that night that he had gone.

As with all of his the people
who's life he touched, I have so many memories of grandpa. As a little boy, I can remember Grandpa as being a hard worker. We had a family business and I would get to go to work with him and my dad. He would spend time at our house working with the horses or fixing up the barnyard. We spent a lot of time in the great outdoors. We had many memorable camping, boating and fishing trips. I always remember that Grandpa would bring tons of junk food on these outings and we loved it. He did a great job at spoiling his grandchildren.

Grandpa lived a good life. He loved his family. He was always happy to see them. He will be greatly missed. While we are sad to see him go, we are glad that he is no longer in any pain and that he is reunited with his loved ones who have gone before him.






This is Grandpa with his Prize Horse Tan-yer-Britches. I think they were
a lot alike. They were both strong willed with a ton of drive. They both led the pack and wouldn't take any guff from anyone. Tanyer lived a long horse life to be almost 28. He passed away not long ago. I figure they are having a good ride now.




4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a great tribute to Grandpa Trent. I know you were one of his favorites!:) I remember him telling me once how proud he was of you. I find joy in knowing that he is no longer in pain and has been reunited with Grandma and my dad. He was a great example of someone who verbalized how proud he was of you and how much he loved you. I will miss him!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Nice tribute, sweetie. Your Grandpa loved you and I know he is happy that he is back with Grandma. I'm sure he is telling her all about the twins and about Berkley's middle name. I love you!

Mel & Annette said...

A great tribute that made me cry. I think that we are all feeling a loss that makes us ache a little inside. I'm glad that dad is no longer aching! Can you image how cool it was for him to be able to stand up and walk? He waited a long time for that. I love you!

Sarah said...

Nice tribute TL-I've thought about how coincidental the timing was for Tanyer and Grandpa'a passing. Thanks for your words.